View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM

Jade gasped lightly and jumped a bit when he was tapped on the shoulder. His hand flying to his chest, as if that could still his rapidly beating heart. He whirled around the face the young man, that hand still over his heart. It was stupid, being approached by someone, even if not expecting it shouldn't have startled him. After all there were people in the cafe, he should have expected something. Anything. For some reason though, it had startled him. That hand lowered, and he gave Darren a bright smile, more to show that he was rather amused at himself at being startled by the other.

He raised a hand to scratch at the back of his head a little thoughtfully. "I dunno. You could probably try Craighead street. There are a lot of apartments there, surely one of them will be available. It's only a little ways in that direction." Jade pointed off in a direction to indicate where the street was. "Surely someone there would know of more places if one of those aren't available." There was an apartment right above the cafe, with some stairs leading up to it nestled in a corner of the kitchen, but that was where Jade was living. Of course he wouldn't deny anyone the use of his apartment if they really needed it, but this man didn't seem to need it. He could surely find an empty apartment on his own. "Let me know if you can't get an apartment and I'll see if I can help more." Jade was sincere, he really did like helping people.

Someone entered the cafe, and Jade politely excused himself from Darren, to cheerfully skip his way behind the counter so that he could greet his new customer in a friendly manner. "Welcome to Jumping Jack's, I'm the owner, Jade, what can I get for you today?" He beamed brightly at the other, trying his best to come off as welcoming and friendly, and trying not to act all that hyper at having another customer in his shop. He bounced slightly on his feet, it was hard for him to contain his excitement. Two employees and two customers, this day could only get better if more customers and employees came in. He was sure they would. Today was such a good day.