View Single Post
PurpleBox
Quite on the Outside, a raging storm Inside.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:16 PM

“ He looks more like his mam then of fur ball here.” Ian said softly before he gained a thoughtful expression. “She...was killed a month after i was turned… it wasnt me if that’s what you were thinking….. I still didn't know what was going on… but i felt a pull out to the local park… that transformation was painful...Tris was only a month old….” Ian’s voice strained a moment as he gathered the ingredients for waffles.

“Somehow i found my way back to our little brownstone and a big black wolf was attacking her… she was already dead by the time i fought it off… i managed to gouge out one of its eyes…. I’ve always suspected that the black wolf is the one that turned me…. But I have no drive to find out, need to take care of my son….” Thankfully that black wolf had yet to come back in the five years since that attack…. Ian had sensed it a couple times, he wasn't sure how… but when ever he did he had moved himself and Tristan to another place, hearing about a wild dog attack only days later… then the hunters started to come after him… he’d managed to avoid most before the one he killed in self defence… and Jensen here.

Ian’s hands where shaking a bit as he talked but it was clear he needed to talk… and since anyone else in the town would think him crazy…. He talked to Jensen, spilled over the dam as it where. The ginger man had the batter whipped up and was pouring it into the waffle iron when Tristan came back into the kitchen, he wore a shirt with a cartoonish wolf on it and was holding a picture he had drawn too.

“Papa look what i drawed last night with Miss Ha...Hadley!” Tristan held the paper up for his papa to see. Green eyes widened a fraction before softening, it was a picture of ‘the pale princess and the wolf’. Ian couldn't bring himself to tell Tristan much about his mum… so he’d come up with his fairy tale to make it easier on himself when he had to speak about his wife. The wolf was a scribble of reds and oranges… much like Ian’s hair.

“That’s a good one pup, why don’t you show Jensen yeh? I gotta focus on the waffle, don’t want ‘em to burn right?” Tristan's eyes looked horrified at the image of burnt waffles before he nodded, hugged his papa around the legs once before going over to Jensen and showing him the picture.

“I-It’s the p-p-pale Princess and her wolf pro...protecer!” the little boy said holding the picture up for Jensen to see. Wide blue eyes where looking up at the man from behind the picture. Ian laughed softly, the ginger may have literal puppy eyes once a month but he had nothing on the puppy eyes of Tristan McLocke.