View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-30-2018, 07:14 AM

Jensen smiled as he listened to Tristan's tale, already thoroughly enamored with the blond boy. There was a part of Jensen that had always longed for a younger sibling and that longing had grown into that for a child some day. Sadly the life of a hunter didn't welcome wives and children. Finding a woman, or even a man, willing to stay around once they found out about his job was impossible. Besides, he didn't want to raise a child knowing and hunting the things that went bump in the night. If some day down the road as an adult the child chose to, then Jensen would train him as best as he could but he didn't want that life for a child.

And he definitely didn't want Tristan seeing that dark world out there. He had always thought about maybe one day retiring but perhaps he had found a new job. He would use all his knowledge of both hunters and the supernatural to protect Tristan and Ian, use his skills to shield them from hunters instead of hunting them. And if that son of gun, one eyed black wolf ever showed its face, Jensen would put a silver bullet in its head and another in its heart, just to be sure that it was dead and would never hurt the two again.

He snapped out of his thoughts at Ian's question. "Sure mate. I think I can handle baby-sitting some waffles a moment," he said with a wink in Tristan's direction. He stood to his towering height and ambled over to the waffle maker in two strides.