View Single Post
Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I embrace it, as it embodies who I am.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:42 PM

The town of Fortinbras was bustling with activity. The harvest this year was good, the granaries were full, and the live stock was fat and healthy. It was a lucky year, not common for the frontier. The Tavern was bustling with hard-workers, and families glad to be prepared for the upcoming winter. The Tavern was run by resident 'Mercenary' and general bachelor, 21 year old Andrew "Andy" Pimms. He came into town several years ago, and as far as the townsfolk were concerned, he was little short of a blessing: He was strong, he was smart, and when he first arrived, he had enough wealth to cause the town to thrive.

Andy would be filling up bottles of strong Liquor, made from the surplus grain and potatoes, and he would be holding up a large mug himself. "To the town of Fortinbras! We started as a small community, and now we're one of the biggest trade towns in the Kingdom! May our community last for generations to come! "He yelled, as everyone yelled in agreement. Andy smiled as he saw everyone was full of glee from their luck-filled year, and reached down under the counter, to pat a large, leather wrapped package. Inside was his old armor, only removed when he practiced every morning."Two years and counting......luck seems to finally be on my side."he said.

No-one in Fortinbras knew Andy was a former knight, or that he had any other life then a wandering swordsman. That was precisely Andy's point. He ran to the frontier, avoided any contact with the Royal army, and managed to hide in a small town. He'd hoped it would be enough for him to stay in hiding forever. Not that he didn't keep up with his training, he still practiced every morning, but he had his own reasons for abandoning the Crown.

Last edited by Andraus; 11-13-2015 at 07:39 PM..