View Single Post
Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 01:34 AM

Maybe Alex Gino's "George." It's about a transgender elementary school student. I only read it for the very first time this year, since things like that weren't around when I was a kid, but I really enjoyed it. It was unrealistic in that it painted being transgender as a 100% problem-free, easily-accepted situation, but that's the way it should be so it gives me hope for the future. In the future, I want kids to be able to come to terms with who they are without fear of being judged. I want their friends to accept them as they are. I want their parents to love them unconditionally. And I want their schools to treat them with dignity and respect, rather than make their lives more stressful and difficult.

On my mind lately has also been a book called "Frosty" about a husky pup. I read it when I was a kid but it was a book that had been thrown away by my elementary school so it was beat up. I have no idea where it is now because for some reason it never ended up on the bookshelf with all my other books that my parents and aunts bought me. It may have been left behind when my family moved one time so I've been thinking about rebuying a used copy on ebay or something.