View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM

After all that happened, Halvard wasn't surprised to see time slow. He actually thought it was his heart sinking. That was until he realized something was afoot. His gray-blue orbs danced around the area. First he looked up at his boss and wondered if the man was also able to move in this semi-frozen world. Time seemed to stop, or at least slow to the point of not moving at its usual pace. Slowly, and with confidence, Hal rose to his feet. Standing square to Yamato, the raven let his eyes lose their sorrow and become those cold, well-trained eyes of an agent. Slipping his gun back into its holster, he crossed his arms over his chest. Head still facing forward, he spoke.

"I promised to serve you until the day I die. I am keeping that promise. No matter what happens, no matter how much is destroyed, I will continue to protect and serve." With an affirmative head shake, he directed his gaze at the floating man. Just who was he and was he the one that stopped time? Eyes peeking around some more, he noticed movement in the distance. Two figures were back-lit against the skyline. "Loki," he murmured to himself.

It was interesting to watch everything. Loki turned toward his partner. "Fancy, no?" He was talking about his brother's grace and skill. "He was always the best. He excelled in everything. It was hard living in his footsteps. And yet, I did it." A smile appeared on his face as he saw his brother triumphantly defeat all the foes. He clapped but it came too soon, as Rynn's tragic death followed.

"Something's wrong," he said while his brows furrowed. "We'll need to go check it out. But there's no way Rynn missed that cue from Halvard. It was plain as day that he was lacing the yard with wires. That glint in his eye said it all. How could she miss it. Wasn't sure one of the greats?" Stroking his chin, he turned to Nessa again. "Use caution as we approach," he warned. "I think a gas or poison is causing mental blocks."

It was then when the world stopped. Loki, frozen for a moment, broke from the time lapse. "Interesting. It looks like our host has finally arrived." A smirk played on his face. "Let us go. As we sweep into the area, check for canisters or vials. I know they are there." There's no illusion that could fool him, or so he thought. Jumping down from their location, the pair moved toward the group.