View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 07-08-2014, 04:15 AM

"I do not.. Fully understand.. But I do believe I have some experience with what you describe.. Doctor is the equivalent of that bond for me." She remarked, her simpler speech pattern reflected a little frustration, however she continued again, "And I would express myself more.. But I always seem to say things that others take offense to, or that confuse them, or that prove I know little of social activity.. Doctor also says that I lack subtlety.. I.. Believe I should be in agreement with him." She lifted the shotgun arm of her weapon, changing her grip on the knife in her other hand, "This will not affect my performance on the battlefield.. I am just attempting to understand."

Claire checked over her systems as she allowed her unit to cruise along behind the others at a fair distance, she had almost forgotten to install that device Diego had given her, but remember that he'd said it would help, she plugged it in and watched as the overlay of her HUD changed, beginning to show points of data she didn't recognize, information from the sensors produced by Yamato's unit. This certainly would turn out to be quite handy, she almost regretted switching to her standard rifle, but she also didn't like being too far form her fellow team-mates. The fair distance could hold over.

Jerry meanwhile was starting to get a little wary. They'd had the alert that things were about to start up again but still no sign of the enemy yet, perhaps Yamato was trying to be a little preemptive. He performed a quick weapons check, all the internal mechanics were functioning and he was fully loaded with missiles himself. He'd had the right shoulder missiles changed to disruptors, they could confuse the AI units briefly and give them more free openings. They had less destructive power but frankly the payoff was usually unit destruction soon after.

Shirley followed on after Diego, happily bouncing on the balls of her feet as she walked, though she was still trying to figure out what she was forgotten, it was frustrating her as she finally reached her station and stared at her computer. She then looked at the documents she had nearby, Ambrosia's files and other bits of information she'd gathered about the new pilots history. Though she then looked around the Land Shark again,
"Well I guess I'll remember eventually, like.. When it's no longer important or something.. Did Mr Yamato skip a meal again?" She wondered out loud, thinking back, she wasn't able to observe him among all the others, she'd only caught Ambrosia not eating, "Oh oh! I saw a news article about the Far East! They developed a new kind of mass-production quadraped! I wanna see one in person! I wanna take it apart and study it! I bet we could make some neat things with one of those!" She sighed, as though practically dreaming about it.