View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-26-2014, 01:58 AM

☛ Layering Tricks and Ideas —————
The Planet-Pond: A Tutorial
1. 2. 3. 4.
  1. Start with the full-length sky backgrounds from the Space Expedition CI. The lower part of the planet will become your pond.
  2. Choose a second, partial-length background to become your sky. In this example, I’ve used the forest from Dryad’s Hollow.
  3. Now layer in the rocks which will form the edges of your pond. My favorite combo is the floor rocks from Calesco’s caverns (the foreground rocks) and the rocky boarder from Oriental Garden (the back edge). Other good choices can be found in Reef Explorer and Monkey Business. (There are probably more rocks that I’ve either forgotten about or don’t have.)
  4. Now experiment with extras to flesh out your scene. Here I’ve used various plants, extra rocks, and a lamp. However, there are lots of background and floor items you can use to create unique scenes.
  5. This is just one way to use this layering, so don't be afraid to experiment! Below is the first avatar I made using this trick (which inspired jellysundae to make a new layer specifically for layering skies), as well as several other examples I've seen that showcase the wide variety of different possibilities.

(In order: Chexala, Suona, neller, and CrimsonShadow)

Posting is now open! Please come in and be welcome!

Last edited by Chexala; 01-06-2015 at 04:31 AM..