View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 03-07-2014, 02:00 AM

"Erik, why are you uselessly sitting in there for you. I was just robbed! My horse is gone and my cloak soiled. I thought you were supposed to be bringing this man to order. He jumped me so easily I would have thought there was no law enforcement in the entire realm!" The young prince was livid with humiliation.

Tracy bandaged up the young woman and cautioned, "I know it is your living, but you might want to avoid physical... labor... for the rest of the day. Give the gash a chance to heal." The lady gave her a small smile and reluctantly left. Tracy knew her words alone were a kindness, even if the advice wasn't followed.

Hearing commotion outside, Derrick walked to a window overlooking the courtyard. They had arrived. Four young men in their late 20s and early 30s who were still single. Not surprising considering their reputations. McCarthy wouldn't have picked these four unless he planned mischief. Suppressing a sigh, he turned and headed down to greet them at the door.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he went to the door and opened it. Standing there, he watched the four swagger across the courtyard acting like they were victors. He dared not think what Lord McCarthy had promised them in return for their presence here. Keeping neutral face, he bowed and said, "Welcome my lords."