View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 AM

A messenger came running into the shop, "Tracy, do you have time to spare?"

Startled, Tracy answered, "Of course, what has happened?"

"It is the king. He has unexpectedly had four visitors. They are going to have a banquet tomorrow night. You have amazing flowers. Can you come help decorate?"

Sighing, Tracy nodded, "Yes, I'll be there in the morning." It looked like she would have to prepare floral arrangements. That took away chances to patrol the road tonight.

Derrick hid a grimace at the young man's words. He obviously wasn't thinking clearly to treat a princess so disrespectfully. Before he had a chance to intervene, one of the other four elbowed their companion. The oldest, Stan, stepped between the offending male and Athena. "My apologies for my friend's behavior. He has forgotten some of his dignity in a bottle. This isn't his normal self."

Bowing politely in apology, Stan decided it wasn't a bad turn of events. If he came across as a hero to her, maybe she would be more inclined to like him above the other four. Then he could get her into a compromising situation and cause a diplomatic nightmare. Lord McCarthy would take it from there. Blackmailing the king took guts, and Stan intended to enjoy his part in this plot.