Thread: Forgotten Wars
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 AM

His head was aching painfully, pounding as if a drum were lodged inside his brain. Grimacing, he reached up and pulled his hair free, running his hand through it. Thinking about the American he just left, Lee grimaced and stalked down the hall a little faster. He had to tell the sergeant in charge of their compound and get a troop moving in on the Americans immediately, before they found the base and radioed back to reveal it on a larger scale. But he had a few minutes to mope. Soon he would have to see Dustin hurt. He would at least hear his screams. He couldn't actually allow himself to stand by---watch---as Dustin was tormented for information he probably didn't even have. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he walked, thinking.

If he had a valid excuse, he could personally take over torture regimens regarding Dustin. It wouldn't exactly be odd---he'd done so before with the especially tough individuals and they'd cracked after a time. He nodded, curling his hands into fists and stopping outside Dustin's cell. He was awake, and Lee tried to muster something of a smile, but he was sure it turned into a grimace. "Hey." He said sternly. "Come here. There aren't any patrols on this line for the next ten minutes so we can speak freely." He crouched down so Dustin didn't have to stand. "Are you aware of an American troop coming in from the east of here? We were just told of a group of seventy doing a sweep on the border. I'm sure you're not, but I want you to understand that if you hear the sounds of a scuffle, that's what's happening. I can't afford not to tell my superiors."

He ran a hand through his hair again, looking down. "To tell you the truth I hate this damn war. I'd prefer you guys to live however you want and I'm helping to suppress that. I feel like a two-faced bastard..." Lee spat the words, pressing his head against the narrow bars.