Thread: The Event
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 01-22-2014, 11:33 PM

John nodded at Niko's question, settling down with a few and setting them on the floor between them. "It's food packaged to survive a long time, but crushed down to not take up much space." He pushed the door closed, marveling at how well it was hidden, and crossed his legs underneath him. If they rationed their food well, they could survive for a long time. Even after their fresh apples were gone, they would be able to survive for months, possibly. He would have to organize the boxes, hide some away in their packs before they got too scarce.

He looked up when Niko spoke. "We are." He agreed. "But only for a time. Nowhere is permanently safe, unless you're locked in nice and tight, and don't plan on coming out for a long time." He pulled the top off his silver pack and peeled the little plastic fork off the outside, feeling around inside. It seemed to be a cooked pasta in a tomato sauce, but not necessarily five-star quality. But then again, John had never eaten five-star food before. "We'll stay here as long as we can, Niko, but... People will come. They'll want to know what's in here eventually. My shoddy little signs won't send them away for long. They'll start believing there's something in here worth their time. And if we don't keep it hidden away down here, where they won't think to look... well, we'll be saying goodbye to a lot of our supplies and be left with nothing."

He sighed. "I'm just a downer on these things, but I try to think logically. We'll stay here, but we have to keep our guard up. We go outside every morning and every evening to make sure nothing is strange out there, or nothing is there that shouldn't be. We look for footprints in the ground to make sure no one is wandering around where they shouldn't be. And we sleep in a safe place. Does that sound like a good idea?" He did want to keep going west, but that would have to be put off. He wanted to actually live for a while, the way he had before. Life on the streets, while difficult, had been so much easier than dealing with things as they were now.