View Single Post
Vanth
Away with family!

Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 PM

The two walked awkwardly in the silence, only their footsteps echoing down the empty hallway. Ekan didn’t like running errands, he especially didn’t like playing fetch. He recognized Koa as being an important person in disciplinary situations, and wondered for a moment why he, who didn’t have anything to do with the case and probably would not be allowed to stay for the hearing, should be the one to retrieve the students she had asked for. His pocket vibrated again, another message. “If I did not clarify, please bring them to ME, I would speak with them first. I will be in the chamber just outside the official courtroom.” She always did this, it seemed as though she not only could see the future, but read his mind as well. He knew she really could not though, and it crushed him a bit that she found him, even in his thoughts, to be so predictable.

He raked a hand through his hair, the corner of his mouth turning up into an absent-minded smirk. If he was to be on this little quest he may as well try to enjoy himself, or at the very least learn something from the experience. Speaking up in a cheery tone, he turned to look at Koa,“Since we will be on this short journey together, I suppose a proper introduction is in order. I am called Ekan Andith, Mari-Natum delegate and psychic-in-training from the underwater city of Aurea.” He extended his hand out, attempting to enact the formal handshake of the surface people. He would much rather try to be friends with this stranger than to hold onto his irritation from earlier. He realized that it was pointless to hold a grudge against someone for calling him a human, there was no way Koa could have been aware that he was a fish, he looked like a human after all. And he couldn’t rightly hold a grudge for the peacock comment, however much it stabbed at his ego, it wasn’t as if the comment was to him directly.

He quickly turned his attention away from his thoughts and back to Koa.“I will be taking you to speak with my mentor, Blindfold. I suppose she has seen something in your future that she deems to be very important for you to know before this disciplinary trial. The details I am unsure of, she does not disclose that kind of information to those it does not directly affect. First, however, we will be retrieving the disciplinarian Eliseo Tyrell. It seems as though your two fates are intertwined. Suffice it to say that this is not very surprising.”

Ekan continued to walk at a brisk pace as he spoke, making a sharp left, and then another into an isolated hallway with four sets of sleek silver doors at the end. This was the elevator that would take them to the Holo-training floor, a massive complex of arenas fitted with the most advanced in hologram projection technology. The arenas were mostly used by lower classmen attempting to hone their battle skills with artificial enemies before they were placed with a mentor and allowed on real missions, but sometimes instructors would utilize the floor for specific exercises that pertained to their area of expertise, or to build on a certain skill set, such as stealth, teamwork, or situational awareness. Young Justice wanted to make sure that its students graduated with the ability to stay two steps ahead of their enemies.

The Mari reached out to press the elevator call button, and sighed impatiently at the wait, thinking out loud as he stood with his arms crossed, "Though, it does make one wonder what events she has foreseen that she deemed so important as to call on the both of you before the official trial." Finally, the silver doors slowly sliding open, he slipped inside and held down the sleek round button that kept the false fourth wall of the box open, waiting for Koa to step inside as well before they descended into the seemingly endless depths of their school complex onto the observing floor.

Last edited by Vanth; 11-10-2014 at 05:32 AM..