Thread: Terra Incognito
View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 08-27-2011, 07:32 PM

"Well.." The king smirked a little, taking in a little more soup before he looked to the Queen, swallowing the mouthful calmly and chuckling, "Number two is Bella here.. While your magic allows you a keen connection with your kingdom, there may be elements you are unfamiliar with that is either cloaking itself or hiding itself. If its dark magic, then Bella would more easily notice this.. Since the Irrkandan's communicate with, and even summon lesser demons to do their bidding, I believe the only one capable of controlling the greater devils would be perfect for spotting the dark magics and their users. However this means she will need a focus point, a room with mirrors or crystals to focus herself through and comb the land. The better nature of your kingdom and your people would make her search far easier." He ooked aside to the witch then,
"There would be a condition attached too.. Anything and everything, even unrelated matters of dark magic would be recorded and reported to you, letting you root out those illegal activities that would cause harm in the midst of the already awakening chaos." The King looked back to the Queen, placing his hands on his knees and relaxing slightly,
"We can afford the cost of setting up such a room. If she tried it from our own kingdom she'd have to fight through the veil between our two sides and get mixed readings because of our own people, needless to say its all troublesome."

"Waait a second, are you volunteering me for paperwork? Do you have any idea jus thow many illegal dark magic activities their could be out here??" Bella groaned, rubbing her head, "Atleast in Velfredit I have Sisters to scribe everything we find not including what our Spellswords and Felcasters are doing at the time. And entire kingdom on my own?" She added, frowning at the king, but he simply chuckled,
"Yes. Bella. But like I said, it will be easier for you to determine what happens in this kingdom because there's so much less. I've spent a long time reading your lore and listening to the reports."
"Can't I just find them all and kill them there and then?" She questioned, grinning slightly,
"No.. You'd cause so much unrest in this kingdom that you'd send it into a full-scale panic, we don't need that." Zied replied sternly, rubbing his brow, the response simply made Bella huff and fold her arms again,
"Alright fine, but I better get a nice reward for it..!"
"That is only if the Queen accepts it. Bella, don't get ahead of yourself."

The king turned his attention tot he queen one more time,
"The last proposal is a fail-safe.. And I don't.. Want to say it out-loud just yet." He rubbed the back of his head softly, "I'd rather leave it as a last resort and try to solve the issue first.. But if it comes to it, I'll warn you now.. It is extreme and will cause a great deal of confusion for both kingdoms. Whether either of our people will understand, let alone accept it is beyond me, but my mentor taught me that the greatest way to imbalance an opponent is to do something truly unexpected.." He chuckled a little, though frowned, realizing that didn't sound entirely good, "Where the enemy is whoever is causing these attacks.. That is.. Not you.. Like.. I mean.. Er.." He began to stutter, stumbling over his words.
"You're blowing it, king.." Bella rolled her eyes, "What Mr. Silver-tongue here is trying to say is; whoever is trying to get us to fight it out will get confused, probably be forced to reveal themselves or back away entirely." She droned the explanation, Zied pulling an odd face and looking back at her before looking to Amaranth and nodding,
"That about sums it up.."

Shade followed after stir. In spite of his large form he was remarkably quiet. Even his footsteps were barely noticeable. There were men smaller than him who made more noise breathing. The assassin found it interesting to walk with another who was just as quiet and no doubt just as deadly. He had already heard of the kings plan to have him search out the places of attacks before they'd come to this kingdom, so it would be a good idea to act in a polite, friendly manner to the queens bodyguard. It certainly wasn't beyond him.
Perhaps he could even convince her to show him a few techniques with the needle he'd claimed, if they could grow an understanding even through their silence, then they could doubtless be a deadly pair to deal with. Both their leaders were here, co-operating, talking, not fighting. By that example; he was happy to work with Stir. Not that the helmet did much to show the smile underneath.