and when it happens to you all the time
you feel scared about trying anymore.
fear of being rejected bascially.

i really dislike the ones that go
"i will only draw you if i like your avatar"

thats like a major stab to the person who get rejected becuase it
shows there avatr wasnt good enough and it sucks to some who have like
no items.

Art is such a weird thing - I hear horror stories from both sides. Artists being scammed out of their gold/money, artists who scam people out of their gold/money, evil commissioners, evil artists...
Complicated. *sigh*

Well, for what it's worth; every single really good artist I've know was incredibly kind. If they're rude like that, you don't need their art anyway. u_u <3

Oh and; the only time avatars are an issue, I think, is when they're overloaded. I personally never dislike drawing simplistic avatars since that's my style as well. I do usually ask people to take one or two things off if their avatar is too complicated though. >_>;

@For-Chan: Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. But, well, as I said to Nemui: All the good artists I know are kind and friendly so I think, if the art is good, your chances of being welcomed to the thread are higher.
That's one of the reasons why good artists' threads are filled all the time as well; because they're friendly and don't turn people down much.
Except, of course, in cases mentioned above: a.k.a. when they're rude. Then they're not worth your time anyway. D:

>_>; God I talk a lot. Sorry. 8D;