Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 PM

A smile came over him. Not because of what Shadow said, but because of what she implied. He was a convict. A man deemed dangerous and lethal (which is true). And yet, this woman he barely knew, was telling him that he would, one day, find love. Perhaps it was just a word of encouragement, but Reino took it to heart. To him, he believed that Shadow believed that love was possible in such a place. This gave him hope because maybe, just maybe, she would seek love out again. He knew all too well that he had fallen for her. It was stupid too. The only reason he fell for Shadow was because he had... no, he wouldn't go there. But having done what he did, it made him fall for her. It probably didn't help that he requested to have her as his neighbor. He trusted her because she trusted him. Too bad she didn't know that was a poor choice.

His head cocked to the side some as he stared blankly over toward her room. He was completely baffled by the thought that he could even think of falling in love with someone. He knew little about love. He never had a girlfriend. The only woman he ever kissed was back when he was five -- and it was for a dare. As far as sexual activities went, he never engaged in them as he was too busy running from the SFA. Actually, that was a lie. There was that one time with Daliah, but Reino didn't count that night because both of them were too drunk to remember. Or at least that was the lie he told Daliah. She, however, remembered everything, which is why she babied him to no end. Reino rubbed his neck. He hated knowing that Daliah wanted to 'rekindle their old flames.' In his mind, Sycom was the right man for her, not him.

Realizing he left poor Shadow standing there, Reino walked over to his board. "Can't say I've ever had that feeling." The words were erased and replaced with, "But it sounds nice." He wrote below it, "Maybe if I'm lucky. But we're in prison." The words were soon gone and he wrote something else out, only it was with much hesitation. "What... what do you think of... me?" It was a bit too vague, he realized that. Cleaning the board, he added, "Am I date worthy?"

Reino had no idea how Shadow would respond. A part of him hoped she would say something like, "Oh, please, you're handsome and smart, what woman wouldn't fall for you." But a part of him also wanted to hear something more, something deeper. Daliah fell for his looks and brains, but Reino felt that there needed to be more than brain and brawn. His personality, although lousy, should have its weight, right?"

He didn't even notice that he had erased the board and began writing a few things. "Mysteriously beautiful, but in a curious way. Sincere eyes that show empathy and passion. The mindset to commit to a routine and stick to it. And a heart unlike any other. More a Robin Hood than a villain, no?" Everything on the board was about Shadow. It wasn't as deep or as romantic as he would have liked -- wait, he stepped back. Looking at what he wrote, he cocked a brow at it all. His mind and hands betrayed him! How dare they reveal that he was keenly watching and admiring her. Ugh, just what he needed, to come across stalker-like. But Reino was smart, he could turn this in his favor. Adding a quick note to the bottom he said, "Not sure such nice things can be said about me. :\" With a shoulder shrug, he pulled forth a chair and moved it back to the glass. Plopping himself down he waited to see what Shadow would write. A part of him wanted to say, "Tell me that you love me," but that was far too cliche for even him.

Besides, who was to say that he was really in love. Perhaps this was just the guilt kicking in....