Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 10:40 PM

Shadow's golden eyes watched Reino carefully. The smile that graced his face lifted her up a bit. She never got to see it much and in this place, well seeing smiles were little rays of sunshine. When he just stared in her direction she could tell his mind was somewhere else and that was ok. She could wait him out until he was ready to continue to talk.

While she waited for him to do or say something Shadow also lost herself in her thoughts. Why had she said that to him? That one day he would find love? None of them were ever going to find love in this prison. But she had to believe that. It was the only thing that kept her from detaching herself completely. If she did that there would be nothing left and she wouldn't be able to be saved. Love to her was hope and if you didn't have hope, then what was there to live for?

Seeing Reino walk over to his board out of the corner of her eye, she looked up and watched him write again. Again she waited until he was completely done before she wrote anything back to him.

When he wrote about her she gasped, her hand moving up to the base of her throat. Sure she had caught him glancing at her every once in a while but she didn't know he watched her to that extent.

Putting her finger up in a one second gesture Shadow moved over to a small table and grabbed the chopsticks laying there. After winding her long hair up into a topknot she expertly placed the chopsticks in to hold the knot. She did it to give herself time to think. What he had said shook her a little and she needed to process. What in the world was she going to write back to him?

Moving back to the board she started to write. "If love exists, you can find it anywhere." She erased it and thought for a second then wrote, "Reino I don't know much about you. For one you wouldn't talk to me." She stopped writing to glare at him and pointed to the last part. Then smiled, erased it and continued to write. "But, I think there's more to you deep down. I can see there's something under that exterior and I think it has the possibility to be something wonderful." Biting her lip she erased what she wrote and continued again. "Thank you for what you said about me. Robin Hood eh? I think I like that." The last thing she wrote was, "I think if you let me in I'd have plenty of nice things to say about you."

Letting out the air she had been holding in while she wrote that last sentence Shadow turned to look at Reino. Letting him see the honesty in her eyes.