Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 12-07-2013, 05:04 AM

Lolipop reclined on the couch beside her bed, a mystery novel in one hand and a heavily nibbled licorice stick in the other. She needed some distraction. The psychiatrists had gotten on her nerves today. They wanted to know more about that woman. They even sent in another older blonde psychiatrist to gauge a reaction. Were they trying to set her up? She'd followed the rules, she refrained from killing the doctor who'd carried 'that woman's' appearance...Perhaps she'd thrown some things and screamed as though in pure agony, but who wouldn't in her shoes?

During the session Lolipop glared daggers at the woman and refused to speak. They threatened to put her in the restraint room. It was just like that blasted closet. All she could do was fiddle anxiously with the ribbon securing her over the shoulder braid. By the end of their time together--only half an hour ago--Lolipop had said ribbon haphazardly dangling in her mid-back length curls. She'd done nothing to touch it since.

'I can't let their games overwhelm me. They will not ruin the rest of my night.' She took small calm bites of candy, finishing it off. The book couldn't keep her attention. Visions of the past began to crowd her mind leaving no room for Detective Poirot and his assistant Captain Hastings. 'I need to think happy thoughts. She's dead. She's dead and in the ground where worms have devoured what I left of her nauseating face. The Queen of Putrescence is in Hell where she belongs...' Not even the usual things that made her smile could do the trick. Suspicion of the SFA to rid itself of her weighed down on her shoulders. Gently she tossed the novel onto her bed for later. Lolipop decided that until the agency's motivations for prying into that locked section of her past was revealed, they would get nothing more about it. Or anything at all for that matter.

A knock sounded on her cell door. Now she had to deal with more of them. Seeing Sycom phase through the wall, she remained motionless and silent. She'd heard of him and saw him following Daliah around like a lost puppy. She had to admit he was quite endearing in his own...overenthusiastic way. Who came to a criminal's cell bearing gifts? A bit of pride swelled within her upon hearing Daliah's positive review. Not enough to lift her vow of silence but at least she felt a smidge better than before. Then it happened. He touched her hair without permission. Her hair. Her beautiful, curly red hair. Then she noticed he'd retied her bow. Fine, he'd get off with a warning this time.

"Excuse me sweetness, I know you meant well but if you value those fingers please refrain from doing that again." Lolipop purred sweetly, crossing one shapely leg over the other. A demure smile sat on her lips as she smoothed the skirt of her blue corset dress. "Now let's try this another way. Have a seat dear, if we must converse I want to speak with you as an equal." She graciously waved her hand to the chair beside Sycom. He seemed different and it honestly made Lolipop curious. "What brings you to my humble cell? If the psychiatry team sent you, I'm afraid our budding conversation is already over."