Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
a91nicole
AlliKat

Old 12-08-2013, 04:22 AM

The silence was getting quite painful, and Ajax's patience was waning. He nudged the glass with nose, as if trying to push Vlad into saying something. Artemis simply let him at this point, it wasn't like he could do any harm. He'd already brought the man over. Artemis waited for him to respond, as she wasn't going to lower herself to trying to force him into talking to her. Twenty more seconds of silence and she'd move on.

Soon though, he broke the tangible silence between them. His voice wove its way through the glass and to her ears, dripping like liquid velvet as he spoke. It was beautiful, dark, and clearly dangerous. He was dangerous. As he spoke, the encyclopedia of her mind pulled up an entry, on vampires of course. The relationship could not be denied, he looked just like them, his voice had the quality that they were rumored to have, and his name- well, his name was that of the man that inspired the creation of Dracula. His ties to vampirism were just as obvious as her own ties to the Greek Goddes of the Hunt.

Realizing that he was awaiting her response, she pulled herself out of her own mind and looked up at him. How tall he was, he stood more than half a foot taller than her. "Enjoying my stroll? I suppose one can enjoy strolling through gilded cages only so much." she considered, measuring her words and making sure each one was the precise word she wanted "Though it is assigned to me to make these rounds, I have ulterior motives. I shall tell you all about them, in a moment." Was she about to make a bad decision? Why of course, but bad decisions always made the best stories. Besides, Ajax and her Plurium Blaster would ensure her safety. A moment later, the door could be heard unlocking and opening. As she walked in, the spike in his threat level showed, but Artemis did not let it dissuade her. Yes they were higher, but he was a criminal- that was to be expected. A criminal in the presence of a new agent? It would be shocking for it not to happen.

"If you wish me to leave, please let me know. But you did mention you do find enjoyment in company, and since we were having a conversation, I'd rather not have it through glass." Artemis said, regarding him as she walked into the room, Ajax following her. Once both were inside, she shut the door. The sheer size of the stag now became much more evident. Though Vlad was fairly tall, Ajax's antlers still rose above him. "I promise Ajax has much better manners inside." She gave the beast a stern looking, informing him that he was not to sniff, nudge, lick, or eat anything in the room.

"Now then, my ulterior motives." Artemis had noticed the height difference from outside the room, but now standing before him, it was even more evident. But she would not be intimidated. "Though we must watch you all to make sure you aren't committing anymore crimes, I really came on this late night stroll because I was curious. I like to learn things, people, stories. I wanted to know who you all are. If I am to be committing my life to this job, well I am going to see you almost as often as I see myself." she spoke, eyes glancing around the room once more before falling on his face again. "And so, I took it upon myself to come and see what I could ascertain from your spaces. Your candles, your city, and your books caught my eye and so I wanted to speak with you. I was curious as to what you were reading." Artemis smiled pleasantly, making it clear that she was done speaking and it was now his turn to participate.

Artemis was outwardly focused on Vlad, but her mind was calculating at a thousand miles per hour. Currently she was thumbing through the vampire stories that she knew, and couldn't help but wonder if his Plurium made him very similar to the creatures in practice too. Which would mean he liked blood; well that just meant she'd have to keep him away from her neck. Easy enough. Regardless of what she was calculating and recalling, her body language was relaxed, comfortable. It would not do to let her caution show