View Single Post
Admiral
Chancellor
Send a message via AIM to Admiral

Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 AM

I remember when I was a first grader and I drew my teacher. It was awful. In 3rd grade I drew Sailor Moon and she was mostly waist. Now that I'm 23 I think my doodles are mediocre at best. I could never sell them, but it's a good way to get my ideas out there on paper. And sometimes, randomly, I'll be very fond of a drawing. But I feel like all I do is crap all the time because no one ever really said my stuff was good who had anything to back up their opinion, like being an art judge or anything. I always feel like it's easy to impress a monkey if said monkey can't do it themselves. And so... I just stop drawing for a bit. A week or two, maybe three. Let my creative juices build up until I'm about to explode. And then I'll draw something I really like! But I need frequent breaks because I don't do anything professional, so I don't need to rely on what I do to get by. ...Uh, if that helps. o-o; I also switch mediums if I get too frustrated with one thing, or just go from drawing to writing, or singing, or... well, anything creative that isn't what I was doing.

*slinks back into her corner