View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-12-2015, 05:09 AM

Daisy had plenty of time to think about what was going on... Walking through the long hallways of the cruise ship and finally stepping foot into the rather large, elaborate shopping center gave her a chance to fully see what it was, exactly, that she was getting herself into. This ship was truly huge! Even bigger than she had imagined it to be at first. The length of stores seemed to be endless and all the while it was a little hard for her to hear Tom's explanation of what was going on.

Daisy had already told him that she could walk alright on her own now, but his hands still hovered over her arm a little as they walked. People stared, some pointed. Daisy tried to hide her face. It wasn't that she was embarrassed to be walking with Tom Hiddleston... but, no, wait, she was. She was because her, this short, random, black nobody from nowhere, Florida, is walking next to the British god of acting. It made her feel a little inferior and she didn't want people to compare her plainness to Tom's tall, lanky, God-like self.

"... which I'm probably just going to cancel, anyway." Tom finished. Daisy didn't even catch what he was talking about to begin with. Something about the reporters? From what little she knew of Tom and his personal life was that he liked to keep his personal life private, never mentioning who he might be dating, never mentioning who he's interested in, never mentioning what he ate for breakfast. She didn't ask him what he was talking about, she didn't want to offend him by letting him know she wasn't really paying attention. Tom's voice weaved in and out of Daisy's comprehension.

"... meet the butler?" His voice found it's way back into her mind.

"What? Butler?!" Daisy asked. She didn't remember anyone telling her about the room coming with a butler, but then, she was unconscious for the good half of their explanations. Then, she was zoning out as the people she followed were trying to tell her what the cruise entailed. This was all so much to take in. One minute, she was no one... Just a little person, working at her local gym and now she's walking... TALKING with Tom Hiddleston and she has a fancy suite on a HUGE cruise ship with a BUTLER. WHAT?! "... I can't."

"Oh, it's no problem at all. The butler is customary for every cruise ship." Tom explained. That didn't make it any easier for Daisy to swallow.

"No, I don't want a butler." Daisy spoke softly. "I don't want to see any reporters, I'll pee my pants if I did. I don't want a butler, some strange man in my suite that I don't know would only make this whole trip that much more uncomfortable."

"Alright." Tom smiled. "We don't have to have a butler."

Daisy remained quiet as they continued to walk in silence for a while. The crowds of people walking, staring, oohing, ahhing just made Daisy's heart begin to pound again. Tom's voice found it's way back to her ears,

"How are you feeling, Miss Buchanan?"

"Please." Daisy began, "You can call me Daisy. I'm not important enough for the 'Miss Buchanan' thing." Daisy sent a sideways glance at Tom and watched as he nodded and corrected himself.

"Are you feeling better, Daisy?" He asked, to which, she gave a slow nod. They continued to walk a ways before Daisy came to a complete stop in the middle of the lobby. "Is everything alright?" Tom asked.

"I would like to go back to the suite." Daisy said, and Tom nodded. Together, they headed back towards the suite.