Thread: Threat Level
View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-16-2013, 07:00 PM

His love of cats was a major understatement. Ever since Reino was less than a year old, he was surrounded by cats. As a wee little baby, his parents went to a shelter to get him a kitty. They were only to get one, but Reino ended up picking three. He simply refused to part with them too. Caving, his mother agreed to adopt all three of the kittens, reassuring the shelter that they would all live a splendid life.

That was an understatement.

By the time Reino was five, his three cats were groomed into royalty. Each had its own mansion and stockpile of toys and treats. Reino's personal favorite was Bandito the "Burrito Stealing Bandit." Bandito was a solid brown cat with what looked like a black mask over his eyes and black gloves on his paws. He was slick and sneaky, much like a bandit. The other two kitties, Chi-Chi, a spotted white cat, and Linguini, a siamese, received similar spoils, but weren't as lucky as Bandito for he slept on Reino's pillow at night.

The cats lived a rather long time, too. Chi-Chi died at nine and Linguini made it to eleven. Bandito? He lived long enough to see Reino's transformation from a sweet, studious man into a monster. Bandito's dying breath was in an act of sheer kindness. Reino was in the crosshairs of a sniper's gun and, out of nowhere, Bandito jumped in to take the kill-shot. It wasn't too long after that Reino's Threat Level jumped to the 300s, as he was dead set on killing the man who took his best friend's life.

Needless to say, upon being in the hands of the SFA as an inmate, Reino had put in over two hundred request tags for a cat. He has yet to be granted one. He knows this is a carrot they'll dangle before him, should he need the extra incentive to work harder and longer. It would work too. Between using a cat to lure him or Shadow, Reino would be an easy criminal to break. Granted, he might be a bit sassy or rude about everything, but it was only to save face and make himself look like a badass in the eyes of the other inmates.

His golden orbs lit up when she mentioned dancing. He actually recalled that. Nights before the hit on her husband, Reino was sent to spy on the couple. He saw them dance and he watched just how happy they were. They could have had a nice future, had the boss' son not seen something.

Shaking his head, he laughed the thought away. Shadow was better off this way. She was stronger and more beautiful than ever now. Even though sorrow and grief worried her, Shadow was a tough gal and was easily at her prime.

"So dancing," he wrote, "I took a ballroom dancing once." He left it at that, not wanting her to know the reasons why he took it. "Maybe one day I'll show you my moves. Until then, you'll just have to deal with these ones," he said while flexing his arm muscles. Winking, he then gracefully lifted his leg to the side while posing like a ballerina. "Lookie me, I'm Shadow the pretty, pretty dancing princess~!" he teased her on the board. In his attempt to spin around, his foot toppled over his board, which fell onto the lamp. The lamp dropped on the chair, which sent a few of the desk's objects flying at him. Panic overcame him, but not for long! His face flushed with embarrassment as he now stood in the middle of his messy room.

"Oops," he mouthed before shrugging. Picking up a small white board, he wrote, "I make a better spy than I do a dancer."

---------- Post added 12-16-2013 at 05:58 PM ----------

"Interesting is hardly the word I would use to describe my team. The fact that I've not been in the field for quite some time worries me." Biting his lip, he shrugged his shoulders. "I think Daliah's faith in me is misguided. I'm excellent at computers and analysts, but field work? It's been ages and I honestly wasn't that good. I'm too much of a softy," he confessed to the woman before him. Looking over her features, Sycom knew that she was showing some signs of discomfort. Their friendship was bound to bother some people, especially since befriending a criminal was heavily frowned upon. But this was Sycom. He wasn't the kind of guy to mistreat anyone, not even a criminal. Bad or good, it didn't matter. What mattered was the fact that there was a heart and a chance that goodness, love, and happiness could be achieved. Compassion, too.

Moving onto her questions, Sycom addressed the morning one first. "9AM allows you to sleep in a bit, doesn't it? It was originally scheduled for 6AM. I complained because I didn't want to get up that early, especially on the first day of our new mission. I tried to get her to push it to 10 but 9 was the latest she would allow it. I guess she wants us in the field by noon, which isn't possible if we start at 11. I suppose," he said while rolling his eyes.

"The other team is composed of Hime and Artemis. Their partners are Reino, Cias, Shadow, and Vlad. Shadow and Vlad are their Breakers with Reino was the IDer and Cias as the Enhancer, I believe. Let's just say that the other team, Team B, is more problematic and more likely to cause us a headache. Vlad reminds me of a blood-sucking vampire. Cias is unique and worries me. Shadow is a rather graceful killer. And Reino," he paused and to wet his lips, "Reino's an ass." It was pretty obvious that he was not overly fond of the last guy he spoke of. The name alone struck a nerve in him, as evident by his hands that were now balled into fists.

Calming down, he smiled sweetly at Vex. "What's the worse they can do to me? Kill me? Throw me in jail? Take me off the team?" his eyes lingered on her for a moment longer before looking away. "Life has no meaning unless you've friends, family, and dreams. The SFA can take away your freedom but they cannot stop you from finding a sense of belonging. Even in isolation, you will find friendship in the inanimate objects. We're all people. We all need the same things - food, water, and shelter. We also need safety, belongingness, self-worth, and the ability to understand. Try as hard as the SFA might, the need for man to find these things and obtain Homeostasis will always triumph. The law can try to mold us, but we will always want to break free." His voice seemed hallow and a tad dark.

"Anyway, have you any other questions?"

TwitchTumblrInstagram
Wanna roleplay? WTF or Mene