View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-11-2018, 02:18 AM

I've brought up points about rewarding posting with gifts before, but it's not entirely practical I've been told. I've seen sites give a special item to the top five posters, though that doesn't solve the quality issue. It does however give a constant incentive to be active. There is the struggle with creating a new item just for that though, so I figure...rerelease king/queen crowns? The items are basically nonexistent in the user base and it does seem to fit. The site could use items put back in sometimes.

I also remember an event that was run at one point that looked for various points such as top poster, creator of best/engaging/popular thread, and special bonus. Basically to revitalize specific forums that needed it. Whether it's staff or user run, I'd like to see it done again. He'll, I'd help run it, with help. I can't seem to find anyone who remembers this happening though...?

One more point brought up, I do seem to remember being told at one point that the money earned for posts can't be altered in terms of how much. It's either on or off. I remember that in conversation about the word game forum when it was changed to earn gold.