View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:18 AM

Dorian found it curious that the other didn't react to his affections, the kiss he'd placed upon the other's forehead greeted not by his disgust, or shame. A frown. He hesitantly looked down at him, a sudden fear striking him over the head as he wondered if he had acted to boldly. Scratch that-- Dorian knew he acted too boldly. Akio was a prince, a handsome, innocent, young prince, what was he doing? Did he want to taint someone so pure with his presence when it was not wanted? While he may have found the idea appetizing a couple of days ago, this change of heart he had experienced had him disgusted with himself when he saw that frown.

Yet, when he was about to shift away, Akio moved closer. It caught him off guard to say the very least. His eyes widened as their faces inched closer rather suddenly, no time for him to react in his shock as their lips... nearly met. The contact was so close to being true that the corner of their mouths had brushed. An undeniable warmth overtook him, his eyes widening in a rather innocent, adolescent manner as his insides melted. Then, in an instant, the brief touch was gone. Akio was hurrying out of the hall before he had even gotten a chance to react. One of his hands reached out to stop him all too late, leading Dorian into stumbling a few steps after him, but to no avail. "Akio..." He murmured without thought, though no words came after. He was frozen there, insides completely boiled into goo as his mind scattered with thoughts crowded back in on him.

Dorian, for once, was able to simply brush them away. Before he knew it, he was set into motion, his legs carrying him at a dash down the stairway and into the next hall. Turning to look about once there, he paused as his gaze found Akio. The other was running a hand up through his hair, eyes closed, appearing to be rather concerned. His gaze softened upon him as he paused there, eyebrows drawing together slightly as he cleared his throat a little before walking on over to him. He understood what he must be feeling, for Dorian had had such thoughts after he had made the move to kiss the other's forehead. They may be in different situations, but rejection was a fear all the same.

One of his arms moved to gently wrap about his shoulder, his other rising to gently cup his chin as he stepped around to stand in front of him. "Akio, please look at me." He spoke gently, voice soft as his golden gaze studied the other, his body language. Dorian hadn't had much of a chance to practice in cheering others up in past years, but now was a good time to try. He spoke up again, hesitant as he tried to get across how he felt. He had to say something to try to help. "Somehow, you make me feel quite warm..." He began, the chuckling a little as he thought it sounded silly. He had said something similar not long before, after all. "I feel like I am more than myself with you. I want you to know I can be."

The words were hard to manage, to phrase, and his chest ached as they left him. Oddly, enough, however, it did not stop his fluid motions this time. The hand on Akio's shoulder slid to his lower back, stepping closer to him as his other hand gently trailed from his chin back to his neck. He slowly leaned in, as if giving him a chance to deny him what he sought now. Then, their lips were together. It was a gentle, soft feeling, innocent in nature and warming all the same. There was also feeling behind it, however, a touch of firmness in Dorian's lips as they melded gently to his. After a few moments, he slowly parted to allow him a look over Akio's features. He was searching for a response, gaze intense with its own curiosity, but now of a caring sort.