View Single Post
harakun
At Your Service

Old 11-02-2014, 10:37 AM

Oh, he was sure. Bravery wasn't something Matthew can play out all too well. He wasn't ashamed of it, either. And, that piercing he had on his bottom lip really did a number on him. The older male had to use up all of his self-restraint not to just reach out and feel it. That'd just be awkward and weird, right? Glad that the topic had changed the moment he'd asked that question, a look of realization dawned on Matthew's face. "Oh," was his only reply before he smiled, "I see. That sounds like a challenge."

And, a challenge that he may have to get started on perhaps tomorrow morning. To make coffee too quickly without the taste of coffee? That was going to be difficult if he didn't want to make them lag on their movie schedule. "I'll start on it, then." If Bran can't drink this, surely, he could give it away.

Moving forward to join Edgar in the kitchen, he expertly moved around to make some handbrewn coffee for both he and Edgar. The way he prepared the hot water, the beans as he crushed them with his coffee grinder, and the way he poured the water in the small pitcher with the long mouth was a sight to behold. It was pretty close to that of a barista. No more than sooner, the smell of coffee was wafting about just a few minutes just as Edgar turned around to announce that he'd finished what he'd made. Of course, he didn't stop there.

He made another cup for Bran, but one that had less coffee. Surely there was only a faint taste of coffee, perhaps even less after he'd used Edgar's and Bran's milk from the fridge. He got some ice, too, and a bit of a milk chocolate block to give Bran's mug a taste where chocolate would overpower coffee. In fact, he had a feeling that there was barely any more taste of the coffee there.

Ridding and cleaning the counter and his machines off coffee grounds, he set them aside to dry before he'd put all three mugs on a tray. "If you don't like the taste of the drink I've made for you, Bran, I'm sure I can make something better tomorrow. For now... this. Should I get water for us, too?" They had a lot of time ahead of them. He was sure he could create something perfect for Bran - one that should fit his taste. Oh, he intended to find the perfect blend, too, for Edgar. But, not tonight. Tonight was his favorite blend: a hint of sourness but the aftertaste of chocolate.