View Single Post
LaClef-a-Verite
a possible comeback (?)

Old 07-25-2016, 12:34 AM

Clark looked at her with careful eyes. "I understand you stubbornness, but I even pirates have to make do somehow," he joked, the words sounding hollow once they left his mouth. he shook his head and leaned back on his chair. He pondered over her question a bit, knowing that he had some sort of morals. If he didn't have any, he'd probably have a shorter lifespan. "I only fight back when necessary. I'm afraid my men do most of the work." Clark shrugged. He made it a point to not pillage certain ports and villages, even though he was once more aggressive a few years back. "Cats, I haven't had much experience in the way of animals... I'm not so sure about innocent people though."

Ariel hesitated a bit, but complied in the end. It wasn't the first time that she slept next to him without anything happening so why should anything happen now? She dusted herself off and made sure that the rest of her supplies would be next to her if he needed them. After she made sure, she laid down next to him, keeping ample space between them. She wasn't sure if she was in the position to get cozy, but she figured that this was enough for him. Ariel instantly felt the effects of how much she gave her energy to taking care of him. She paused for a moment, though, and wondered why it seemed like Gerard didn't remember much. Surely the pain in his chest couldn't be that bad. "Umm... this will sound strange," she started. "Do you know why you have that gash?"