View Single Post
Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-29-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Too many sprinkles on the cookies.
“There’s nothing wrong with the cookies, Mother.” Laura gritted her teeth, doing her best to hold her tone. It’s Christmas, the “happiest” day of the year, and no matter how much her mother poked and prodded, goddamnit she was going to be happy!

“I never said there was, dear.” Adelaide smiled, her thins lips spread across her forked tongue. “I’m sure they’re fine… if you like a cookie that’s more sprinkle than cookie. And they were decorated so beautifully. The sprinkles cover that all up.”

Laura defiantly holds up the tray, moving into the dining room. “They’re just for family. No one’s going to care what they look like”

Adelaide pauses, her wheels turning. “Do we even need cookies? Your Evan is getting a bit hefty.”

With a withering look. “Evan is the appropriate weight for a boy his size and age.”

“I think more appropriate for two boys his age. You shouldn’t be able to hear a person’s thighs rub together from the next room.”

“You see, this is why Daddy left you!”

“What?! Your father had a mid-life crisis!”

“He had a wife crisis! You! You drove him away, just like you do everyone else. You drove Jen away, Aunt Marnie… that one mailman. Well you know what old lady, I’m a hair width away from booting you right outta here! I’ve had it!”

For a moment Adelaide is shocked into silence, but… “I never knew you felt so strongly about sprinkles.”

“Well today I f**kin’ do!”

Three Prompts:
  1. Santa's Secret Santa
  2. Snowed in at the dentist's office.
  3. The dangers of using the wrong wrapping paper.

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 12-29-2016 at 08:22 AM..