View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 04-28-2014, 03:42 AM

Virsat didn't even look at the doll that brought the food out, almost made it a point to not look at her. Those dolls. They made him more uncomfortable than people did and he'd been around them most of his life. When the woman spoke to him, he suddenly felt rather foolish, and wondered if perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut in the first place. It was too late for that now. Virsat gave a slight shrug. "P-people in town are scared of me." Those eyes of his were shimmering again, as if he might cry. As if such thought really made him sad. In a way it did, he wouldn't mind making friends with people, but his master would just eat them so that was impossible.

"I-I don't go out often....and the towns are so far in either direction on the road...sometimes people don't always make it back home...It isn't my fault!" It really wasn't his fault, it was his master's fault. "T-the road is dangerous...bandits always waylaying people." It wasn't a lie, but he was implying that people sometimes vanished on the road after leaving his inn or on their way to his inn and that was more or less a falsehood. His master usually ate the people that stopped in and that was why they were never seen again. Not because of bandits.

It was true though, if one followed the road long enough to the north or to the south it would lead directly to the two closest towns to the inn. And the inn was situated right in the middle of that journey. Still though, it was a few days horse ride to either town from the inn and a lot could happen on the road in a few days. That was mostly what Virsat was trying to imply.

"S-stables in town might buy your horse and sell you a new one.." He spoke those words almost as an after thought, as if just remembering she had mentioned the horse.