View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-14-2016, 05:51 PM

Despite her fears, she accepted the captains help in order to steady herself, as well as the offered water. It helped a bit but she still felt off. His words sounded distant and she struggled to hear them as she followed him towards the bed, just barely staying upright in the process. Sitting down on the very edge, despite the sort of reassuring look he tried to give her, she tried to keep her space from him. The plate of fruits looked more appetizing than any of the food had last night and she grabbed a small handful of grapes, savouring each one as she popped them in her mouth.

"I left the castle once, to visit my grandparents estate." She shrugged, it was normal for ladies to not travel overly much. "I had everything I needed in the castle, why would I leave?" That was of course until she was given away to some foreign prince. Not that she hated the idea, she had been excited to travel, to see sights other than the castle, as well as meet this handsome man she was promised to. Why had he asked something like that? It wasn't the ship making her ill, not she had immensely enjoyed her time on her father's ship and had felt better than ever. No, it was being kidnapped that didn't sit well with her.

Another piece of fruit appealed to her, the melon sweet and juicy as she bit into it. Did the captain and his men even know what half of these fruits were? Many were native to much warmer climates, foreign in her father's lands, but he prided himself on having the best and greatest and Rose had lived on sweet fruits and delicacy from all over the world. The sugar in the fruit seemed to revitalize her, the colour returning to her cheeks and her head no longer felt so fuzzy.

===

Aye, he may not be as handsome to the ladies as the captain, but he'd had his share of willing bed partners and didn't feel the need to force one, especially not in his state. Clearly she was too drunk and tired to of done much in ways of pleasure anyways. He grunted as he shifted even more on the bed, allowing her a bit more room to stretch out. He had been about to say something when he heard a gentle snore.

The ache in his chest reminded him that he wasn't about to get out of bed, so here he was, trapped with a lady in bed. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but she was asleep and he wasn't the monster most believed him to be. Rolling his eyes he leaned up, resting on one elbow while bringing the bottle of ale to his mouth. The only thing to do was to get well and truly drunk, then pass out much like his companion had. He was still weary from restless night and it didn't take long before he could feel the effects of the ale, his mind perfectly muddled.

Half climbing on top of her he leaned over the bed, groaning in pain when his chest pressed against her, her soft curves doing little to help the painful wound. He managed to set the bottle down without completely falling off the cot or the bottle spilling it's contents. Hopefully they wouldn't reach to rough of waters, or they'd lose some fine ale. Content, he rolled back onto his side, the movement sending a wave of pain through him. Hopefully he hadn't damaged the stitches again. It didn't take long for the gentle rocking and ale to lure him into sleep, his dreamy state bringing him to curl into the warmth beside him.