View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 03-08-2014, 06:49 AM

Nixie's head snapped up to look for the female voice. The second the girl's hand touched Nixie's shoulder, it was like someone had turned on a television; a talk show or something. Nixie frowned at Corynn in question, eyes slightly widened in wonder. Little did she know, that in the few moments Corynn had her hand on Nixie's bare shoulder, Corynn's mind would be silent.

Almost immediately, Nixie shrugged away from the touch. Not because she was anything like Corynn in the relationships department, but because she was afraid to appear too weak here. The voices stopped the moment Corynn's hand was off of her. "I'm okay," she said, pushing herself to her feet. "It was just, shocking..." No pun intended. "Thanks," she added. "I'm Nixie. Roth."

She extended her left hand for a shake, catching the tattoo out of the corner of her eye. "Or, 094386. You know, whatever's easier." It would seem that Nixie had some kind of sense of humor, with her puns and sarcasm. Though it wasn't something she credited herself with. It was actually a natural and nervous reaction to situations that made Nixie uncomfortable.

Before she could extend her arm fully, Caleb swung at the force field. Nixie gasped and retracted her offered hand to cover her mouth. The boy was fine though, landing almost like a cat. Wow. Nixie wouldn't have landed like that in a hundred years. Obviously. She was sure there were probably grass stains on her ass right about now.

The girl was concerned for him, and they began exchanging words. Nixie looked between them both. They knew each other, well. Were they siblings? They did look similar. Maybe. Their personalities were opposite though. The girl was nice and welcoming, but the boy was kind of, what was the word? "Hostile..." Nixie mumbled, not realizing she'd spoken aloud.

But she was gathering that he really cared for this girl. It made her heart ache in a way, for the feeling of being in this place with someone who knew you were here, and who cared for you. Her parents were going to think she was dead by tomorrow, and then she'd be, alone. It wouldn't be a new feeling really.

No. Nixie wouldn't let herself think like that. There was a way out of here. There had to be. This guy was all about leaving, maybe they could figure something out. Then Nixie thought of something. She looked down at her hands, palms up and open. "Can you two, you know, do magic things?" Well, that hadn't worded like she'd meant.

"I mean," explain yourself without looking like an idiot, or a lunatic, "earlier, I kind of, knocked, Smith down. With my hands." She watched them both, they weren't catching her drift. Probably because what she said, made sense, and was no big deal. "Well I mean, not with my hands exactly."

Maybe she could show them. She put a hand up, palm facing... Caleb. Yeah, he seemed sturdy. Nixie didn't want to hurt anyone, but she of course assumed him tougher than your average female, especially with all that, what had she called it? Hostility.

Nothing happened. She pulled her hand back and shoved it at him again. Nothing. She brought it to herself and studied it. Had she imagined it before? She looked at Corynn and Caleb. Ah, another rotten first impression. Great. They probably thought she was a nut. She sighed. "I swear it worked earlier," she mumbled, giving her hand a little shake, like a toddler might to a broken toy.

Her hair had fallen over her right eye again, and she wished it would cover her whole face. She was always awkward, and stupid in social situations. Why couldn't her hair just swallow her up right now!? This pair had seen her thrown to the ground with grass stains on her ass and twigs in her hair, and now were watching her flailing around like she was a magician. They'd avoid her for the rest of, forever, now.