View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-09-2014, 02:41 AM

Caleb figured that either Nine was beyond being stressed or she had some serious self-esteem issues or something. Not that he was psychologist or anything, but Corynn had gotten into that stuff for a while after some things and, well, over the years, some information rubbed off on him. Especially since he read some of those books now and then. Most of it sounded totally fake and made up, but others were quite useful, like finding the reasons for certain human actions and reactions.

Maybe it was both. Geez, the girl could blush, that's for sure. But the way Corynn was acting mattered more, she looked seriously bothered. And she indeed was. She tried to filter out noise in her mind, all those voices, and pick out the ones that were louder, clearer. Honestly, one was kind of obnoxiously loud and awfully familiar. "Caleb, stop muttering nonsense," she complained, not even realizing that he hadn't opened his mouth ever since that strange praise aimed at Nixie. "I'm not sayi-" man protested, but then quieted up not to disturb whatever the heck she was doing.

And then she had found the other woman's voice, finally. It got drowned out, or maybe phased out, few times, but she caught something about Caleb, but that sounded kind of strange so she dismissed it, and... Guesses, quite correct ones, about why she had asked Nixie to do this. And after a small pause, some rather personal information. Age and a funny event. Corynn looked at the other with sort of amused expression. "Well, risking to sound crazy, I will say, at least it was only eyebrows?"

Caleb was piecing things together on his own, too, and just gave an exasperated sigh. "Women! Don't tell me you can go 'round doing magic, too. Is there some kind of collective hallucination bug going around? If we would get powers, why can't I throw fireballs or something?" he snorted.

"Because not even someone insane would trust you with more power to blow up things?" Corynn shrugged, annoyed. She felt crazy and weird enough discussing this, without her brother's disapproval. "Point taken, but you get what I meant," he looked around for some pebble or stone to toss at the invisible dome's wall, but as the lawn was impeccable, there wasn't even that. "I'm not doing any super-human stuff, nor can I hear thoughts and whatnot." In truth, if this magic power thing turned out to be true, he was going to be bitter if he had gotten nothing.

Last edited by sadrain; 03-09-2014 at 02:43 AM..