Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-05-2017, 04:51 PM

The Judge Panel

Nephila:
Helpful hints from Nephila:
Oh gosh, I'm not really good at giving hints. There are lot of things that I notice when looking at a great avatar. Overall I'm a "I'll know it when I see it" kind of person. I'm really into background avatars lately. I also like seeing rarely used items being incorporated into a cohesive look. I can't give you a run down of them off the top of my head.

Shadami:
Helpful hints from Shadami:
Make sure you read the rules carefully for each challenge. Don't be afraid to try new and interesting layering ideas that may not come across to everyone, it could be a risk worth taking! Asymmetrical color balance is a beautiful thing. *nudge nudge wink wink* And please work with what you have, even if its not alot, simple avatars can still be stunning, and I personally find the DAC bar distracting.

The Rules

This Festival of Winter Nights we're having a little bit of a flash to the past in the future advent calendar kind of avatar contest! Every two days we will be releasing a new challenge for you to meet. Get an avatar done in the time limit and you get a bonus point! The challenges will stay open so that you may get it in throughout the rest of the festival, you just won't get the bonus point.

Quick Run down of points:
+0 Rules were not followed
+1 Submitted entry
+2 Submitted entry in the bonus time limit
+1 Avatar particularly tickles the fancy of a Judge.

Main Rules:
  • One account per person. EXCEPT for charity mules. We will know, since all charity mules have to be varriefied.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like imgur (but not photobucket.) What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved properly and won't change. We won't come find you after the event if your entry has a broken link/image.
  • Use the entry form. Just copy paste, fill out the information indicated by the brackets and post.
  • Be respectful and kind to your fellow contestants. Constructive criticism is okay if they ask for help. Just please don't be rude.

The Prizes

Our Favorites for each mini contest:
1st: 8,000
2nd: 5,000
3rd: 3,000
Overall Point Master:

Last edited by Nephila; 12-23-2017 at 02:11 AM..