View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 10-21-2013, 04:06 AM

Dash shrugged, glancing back at the others. Angel smiled lightly. "Quiet, I guess." He said simply. And a reader, too. At least they would have that much in common. He turned to his bed, moving things around a little until he'd pushed everything to the other side so Jen and Katy could sit. "Hey, where'd Mom get to?"

Dash shrugged and looked around as Sylvia returned quickly. "Sorry, forgot a box in the back!" She set it on the bed and straightened her shirt, sighing. "Well... I guess we'll head off... let you get settled on in..." She laughed nervously. "When will you call?"

"Soon enough, Mom, I promise." Angel's voice was soft as he grasped her shoulder. "It won't be bad. Soon you won't even know what you used to do with me around!" He laughed, earning a smile from his mother and a hug. His father waited his turn, squeezing him tight with arms that had seen a lifetime of work, much as Angel's had. He turned to his little sisters, such sweet faces and bright eyes, both fallen. He'd been around all their lives, was the second to hold them both when they were born, after his father and mother. "Hey." He knelt in front of them. "It's okay. I'll be able to see you soon! I'll call as often as I can."

Jen shook her head. "We'll... miss you." She muttered.

"You'll get my room." Angel offered, smiling at both of them. Katy's face lifted, though Jen still seemed a bit reluctant. Still, she nodded and both of the girls threw their arms around him in hugs that were as tight as they could make them. Though Sylvia was on the verge of tears, she left with another hug under her belt and a promise to call when they could. As soon as they were gone, though, Angel's confident smile turned down, and he sighed. It would be difficult... He hadn't been away from home for longer than a month before, and now... A full year. Pocked periodically with meetings and visits, maybe, but still, said meetings would be few and far between. He sighed, glancing at his roommate before getting to work. First he set all his bags on the floor and put them under his bed for the time being, and set his suitcases in his closet's floor. Time to get started making his side as comfortable as possible.

Last edited by Tachigami; 10-21-2013 at 04:54 AM..