View Single Post
HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 05-25-2014, 02:43 AM

There is more to life than calculations, data and schedules.

She looked aside to him quietly, if he looked at her properly, especially at the left eye, its unique nature could almost have been made clear. Although it was disguised, the focusing of her iris was still almost perfect, the twelve overlapping layers of the interior lens expanding a little the closer he got to the shade she stood in, the surface also gleamed just a little more and micro LED's inside the cornea lit up, giving the darkness of her pupil a soft glow, at least until the data faded, she was accidentally sizing him up, trying to get an idea of the way he moved and talked, the way he was acting seemed different to when she saw him momentarily relaxing.

But his words stuck to her and she turned to watch him as he started to walk away, however she couldn't let him go that easily, the things he said simply didn't work with her. The strong find their own purpose? Carve your own path? She walked after him, unaware of the look of defiance that crossed her face, he was ahead of her by only a slight way, she paused only briefly as he checked a timepiece, but the value and appearance of it were lost to her. She walked again and stood in his way, staring at him,
"All I know are calculations, data and schedules. I listen to people talk about how there is more to life like it is simple to understand." She replied her brow knitting "What is strong? What is carving my own path?"

It was a bad habit of the doctor too to talk in such ways that sounded cryptic to her, he tried speaking to her like a normal human being often but simpler concepts that most humans grew up with were lost to her,
"Am I meant to be strong?" She asked, seeming to back away just slightly, her face even easing off the defiant expression, "How do I get strong?" Her face shifted again, it was frustration, pure and simple, no different to when she was in her unit on the test field. Her fingers on her hand twitched so she forcibly closed her hands into fists, the slightest sounds could be heard of the cybernetics inside them straining slightly, though they obviously couldn't be broken that easily,
"I do not understand."