View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-25-2019, 01:25 AM

I used to be exclusively a cat person.

I was so into cats as a child that everyone who knew me knew I loved cats. I even was nicknamed "catwoman" at one point in my elementary school years. I knew all about the different breeds of cats and what they ate and how to care for them. I loved them so much! My second grade teacher gave me a homemade bookmark she made for me and it had cat stickers all over it!

Eventually, I had some mental health issues come up and my parents felt that I would benefit from having a "small" pet. And so...

They got me a chicken! His name was Cookie. Eventually, I had to return him to my dad's friend's farm. (They don't kill their chickens at the farm! They just collect eggs and let them run around.) And my dad's friend gave me a bunny.

Now, I didn't like bunnies much. I didn't know the first thing about caring for a bunny. But she was really cute. Years later, I realized that my bunny (Beans) was so adorable and so lovable. She would lick my nose and run around my feet.

I loved Beans and I learned that rabbits are the most abandoned pet of all the pets. People think rabbits are easy to take care of, and then they get one and realize how hard bunnies are and they drop them off in the woods and leave them. A lot of bunnies are bought for easter and then discarded a week later. :(

It hurts my heart. And now, I am a bunny person through and through.

Rabbits are my favorite animal!