View Single Post
Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:07 AM

I've loved snakes since kindergarten, I don't remember why exactly, though my parents say it's because I'd learned that my Chinese zodiac is the snake.

I haven't really gone out to learn much about the different types of snakes though, I just learned about the general behaviors of snakes and how not to approach them, etc.

One vivid memory I had about one of my first encounters with a snake was when I was in kindergarten and was out on a walk with my brother near our home at the time and this huge cobra came slithering out from the side of the path; it was maybe five to seven feet long (can't remember exactly how long) and its hood was flared. My reaction was to charge towards it because I wanted to hug it. My brother held me back despite my struggles and I was so angry at him at the time, though now I am very glad he did

Anyway I've wanted to have a pet snake since kindergarten though my parents kept telling me no until recently...so I went and finally got my very own pet ball python about a couple years ago.