View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-08-2014, 12:29 AM

Between talking, Corynn tried to eat some food, but each bite took so long to chew and caught in her throat. It didn't taste bad, in fact better than most things she and Caleb had had to eat for a long time, but she just didn't feel like she could get any more of this down and eventually gave up. Her brother, however, continued to eat monotonously. Then again, she always teased him about his ability to eat large amount of food under nearly any circumstances and said it was because he burned so much energy seething.

Blonde man mentioned something about ghosts and her gaze stopped at him momentarily. She didn't deem him crazy for some reason, her expression thoughtful, but then her attention was brought to girl besides her. She wanted... needed to get out. Well, didn't they all. Moments later, Nixie had sprung to her feet. "Wait, they have weapons, they could shoot--" Corynn spoke hurriedly, hoping to stop the other, but she had already left dining hall.

She froze, looking at doors and waiting for sound of gunfire. Her heart rate was up and throat dry, but when there was no noise of struggle or shots, a ghost of hope spread through woman's mind. Could there actually be a way for them to escape? Or at least explore for a weak spot without being beaten up or sedated? That was something she couldn't miss out on. Corynn sprung to her feet and rushed towards door. "Come on, Caleb!" she impatiently called out to her brother, who was still chewing last bite.

"Huh? What? Wait!" he looked at her dazedly and then jumped to his feet, toppling his chair over backwards and hurried after shorter woman. Much like the Nixie, neither of them paid too much attention to surroundings, one trying to catch up with her and the other trying to grasp what the heck was going on.

As they exited mansion, Corynn was telling herself not to get too excited, but that was hard to avoid. No one had stopped them at all, they hadn't even seen any guards, wretched doctors or Smith. She had ran down the flight of stairs that led to garden, when her eyes got fixed on the other woman's form. And how it flew backwards after she had attempted to push air. Well, not air. There was something obviously in front of them.

When Nixie pulled herself up to sitting position, Moore girl had finally caught up with her. Corynn knelt down next to her, "hey, are you alright? Did you get hurt?" Her hand tentatively landed on Nixie's shoulder in comforting gesture. When touch was initiated by her and didn't get out of control, she could deal with it somewhat.

Meanwhile, fresh air had helped Caleb get rid of last fog on his mind. It might as well been due to his sister not paying attention anymore to him and her calming influence fading. Either way, he was returning to his old ways. And they were rather simple. "Let's see if it can withstand good old punch!" he spat and swung at forcefield. Air around his fist seemed to buzz for a second and then, with equal force he had applied - which was a lot - he was thrown back. Man tumbled through air, but managed to land on all four, not sprawled on grass. "What the f***!?" he growled, getting up.

"Caleb!" Corynn exclaimed worriedly. "It's no use. You will only get hurt. They must be powering it from somewhere... I... They said someplace was off limits. Either basement or attic. I can't remember. The generators are probably there," she said, when he stopped beside her, towering above. "Then I'll tear down this f***ing house down with my hands if needed. No one's gonna keep you and me somewhere like this!"

"It's not like we're only victims here," she spoke reasonably, but Caleb wasn't one to go out of his way to help someone if they hadn't proven being worthy of it. No one would do it for them either, why did he have to be the one trying to earn angel wings or whatever?

Last edited by sadrain; 03-08-2014 at 12:46 AM..