View Single Post
YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 01-13-2019, 12:03 AM

( Oh. I mean if Lea were going to check on Jason then there could still be dialogue between our characters because Mars asked for a phone call. It's nice in the beginning if characters start in different settings―it helps with world building! But once the pot gets going I kinda don't like writing in a vacuum. OTL If you don't have anything to add for Jason then we can skip to the next afternoon. )

Anders had just changed out of his sky gear for the night when he felt the exhaustion kick in. If I sleep while I'm this tense it'll be bad news in the morning, he thought. He looked through his open door down the annex hallway. The building extension was a single floor, so the moon shone through the sky lights onto the soft red carpet. At one end of the hall was Anders's suite, and at the other was a corridor that wound around to the first floor facilities of the quarters.

He stepped out of his suite in his robe and lounge pants and strode across the carpet. He re-materialized the channeling orb and twisted his hand in an assortment of summoning symbols over the glass as he walked. Doors and hallways passed him and his gold-glowing orb, and eventually he made it to a small room with a warm bath.

He folded his night clothes on a bench and slipped into one of the pools. He stretched his arms over the side of the pool, facing outward, and held the orb close. He examined the surroundings that the light ray had passed through. He saw Silas, on the left. He saw another flying figure in the distance. That must have been the boy, he thought. He saw the girl, too. He had seen her before, but her identification card wasn't in line of sight of the ray. A defeated sigh escaped his lips as he scrolled the orb forward in its memory. There wasn't much from the day. He cursed himself at first for de-materializing the orb just before Silas reacted so passionately.

He thought about that conclusion for a moment. No, he thought. If it came to light the committee on discipline would want evidence. Better that there wasn't any.

He kept the orb, spinning forward in his hands. "Lea, snap out of it!"

So it's Lea, he thought. I wonder if it's better to send Silas to districts that avoid her, too. If she wanders around with that other one...