View Single Post
PhoenixNeko
When times are tough..... chuck the Axe at the dude trying to choke you with it.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM

Several weeks had passed since I took over guardianship of Claire. I had also managed to pay Tifa back. Yuffie had lost her apartment on the other side of Edge, and needed a place to stay. That was what I was doing at the moment. Debating with Yuffie.

"But you have plenty of room! Why can't I just stay here until I can get another place. I mean it's not like I was kicked out. The place was blown up by some psycho freak that wanted to kill people!"

That was true. Of course no one knew who the person was. It was widely assumed that some of DeepGround had survived and was attacking people.

"I'll need time to think on it Yuffie." I said to stall her. Reno had already moved in, and it was annoying there already. I didn't need the distractions of having Yuffie there.

"I didn't want to tell you this; but Tifa can't have me stay over anymore. And she can't watch Claire everyday either." She pulled out her cell and called Tifa.

I listened to Tifa explain the same things to me that Yuffie had just stated. Only difference was that Tifa was tactful and Yuffie hadn't been. Tifa also explained more. "I just don't have the time. I also don't have the money to do it Vince."

I suggested that Yuffie stay with Tifa at least one more day to let me think it through. The Bartender agreed. Yuffie left and I sat in my chair and thought.

~~~~~

I was helping Yuffie move the few things that she had from the Seventh Heaven into the last remaining room in my apartment. She would be staying there during the night to watch Claire while I went out to fight monsters. It was a better arrangement then the one that I had before Yuffie moved in. Reno had a habit of telling the child some things I didn't want Claire to know about.

As Yuffie talked about how she was going to teach Claire how to be a 'gun-slinging ninja', I thought with exasperation, 'What am I getting myself into?'

Last edited by PhoenixNeko; 12-01-2014 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: spelling