View Single Post
Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Javitha rolled her eyes in a way that was clearly meant to express exasperation at the foibles of humans. However, she nodded her head. "You are the first human to come by here in a while, if you did not already know. It is too good of an opportunity to waste. Ladies, men?" She turned her head to either side to survey her entourage. "You know that I would not force any of you. Would any of you go with this human, to collect her Heart's Tear as soon as it is shed?"

Silence, as the fairies gazed at each other apprehensively. Then, almost simultaneously:

"If I may, Your Majesty!"

"Your servant, my lady."

The two fairies who had spoken glanced at each other in surprise. Their queen surveyed them: the handmaiden who had betrayed the location of the door, Yami, and one of her most trusted bodyguards, Raman. Quickly, she weighed the advantages of sending either of them in her head. Yami was a flitter-head and a gossip, but obeyed every command given to her with an almost sycophantic eagerness; Raman was stoic and quite capable with the saber that was ever on his hip.

"Raman, you have my permission to accompany this human," Javitha stated at length. "Yami, I wish you to remain with me."

"As you command, My Queen," Raman bowed from the waist in a most gallant manner.

"Yes, Your Majesty," the handmaiden whispered, bowing her head dejectedly.

The fairy who held the crystal jar handed it over to Raman. "One of our fairy-spelled Capsules," Javitha educated Dawn. "No matter how much it is handled or abused, no matter how many years pass, it will never break or decay. Such is the value of your tear."

Gesturing with one slender, pale arm, the Queen of the Fairies directed Dawn's gaze to a large, ornate wooden door set in the wall beside them, where before there had been only stone. "Remember this, human, for it will serve you well: not everything is what it seems in the Labyrinth. Ramal, guard her well, for her tears and for your people."

Again, the small fairy-guard bowed. "I vow to do my best to protect her. For her tears and for my people."

With that, Ramal flew up to hover beside Dawn's shoulder, careful not to touch her. Javitha herself turned without another word and flew away, her entourage forming a trail of iridescence behind her.