View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 AM

Blinking at the rush of diagrams and images, Beth reached up and rubbed her head, dimming their connection for a moment. "I only got about half of it," she said, eyes closed for a few moments. The flood of images had been too much after her migraine from earlier. Normally, she'd be able to handle more than that, but the medicine had only kicked in at the start of class. "I can't say I understood any of it though. Not without getting your understanding of the subject."

"It would be a pleasure to work with you," she replied, opening her eyes again once the pain had subsided a bit. "I've never had someone cooperate with me on my powers either. It'll be a new experience for the both of us." The feeling of sympathy that he had unknowingly given off almost made her punch him, but she realized that he was trying to imagine what it would be like, rather than the pity that usually accompanied that emotion.

Blushing from her mistake, she listened intently as he introduced himself formally. His embarrassment over the situation puzzled her, but she responded in king anyway. "My name is Elizabeth, but I prefer to go by Beth," she said, putting the matter to rest. At the same time, however, she felt a little ridiculous for not giving him the information earlier. Social interactions were a mystery to her, though, so what else was to be expected?

"Having the protection is definitely a good idea," she replied, nodding. And it was sound advice, especially if there were more than just a few students who could attack the mind directly. "If you want to keep me out sometimes, that's your business," she continued, pleased that he hadn't said he wanted her out of his mind, though why was beyond her.

"Hey, you're going to cause a scene," Beth said, mentally poking Allistar. "I cut myself off from you for a few moments cause your thoughts were becoming erratic and emotional, so I didn't hear anything that you thought in the last thirty seconds." And she wasn't lying. She hated to hear embarrassing thoughts, as they usually made her feel embarrassed as well. "I'm assuming it was private, and I'm fine with that. Really."