View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 AM

Josh was a little perturbed that the headmistress was able to mimic any power used against her; it was a little disconcerting to know that they would be unable to use their powers if she did something wicked. Still, though, he was obedient and climbed down off the bleachers with Avril to begin practicing his skills.

Being the gentleman that he was, however, he had no qualms with waiting for Avril to begin her demonstration. Subconsciously, he threw her back with his telekinesis at her touch on his emotions, eyes wide. Still, he had the forethought to catch her with his power as well, saving her from a hard collision with the back wall of the gym."Uhh... Ditto," he replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "Next time... do ya think ya could warm me? I wasn't expecting that at all."

The ripple following the strange boy's, Ryu by the headmistress's account, attempt on the teacher was very similar to what Josh had seen using his own powers. He had never thought of making a burst like that, however. All of his had been rather directional. Regardless, his body knew how to handle the situation even if his mind could barely react. A counter-ripple, seen as a wedge cutting through the wave of air rushing towards him redirected it out and around, only buffeting his hair and clothes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But that's because of my ability, really," he replied, contemplating the uses of such design. Could it be made spherical as well? That would literally repel anything that came at him, which could come in very handy as well. Unfortunately, before he could try it out for himself, the bell rang, signaling the end of the class. The headmistress's words caught him as he was heading out the door, causing him to shiver, though he nodded anyway.

As he stepped out, he turned to ask Avril a question, but she was gone. Blinking, he shrugged before he began to make his way toward the lunchroom, which he remembered from the map he had been given of the school as part of the orientation packet, or whatever it was called. The end of day, normally a great occurrence, was looking rather bleak.

"No, it wasn't that. I can handle the speed, but I had a migraine earlier today, and it's still lingering," she replied in explanation. "The sudden rush made it spike for a moment was all." She did feel a bit touched that someone would actually try and control their thoughts for her though. No one had ever showed that much concern for her, except for the parents she couldn't remember.

As he explained the other half of his power, she listened intently, though she didn't look like it on the outside. "That's actually really cool," she said, nodding slightly. "Do you think you could make an Iron Man suit or something?Or would you prefer to go more of the Batman route in terms of gadgetry?" It was only after the thought was out that she realized how personal that was, though they were iconic. Maybe he wouldn't think anything of it?

"That's the beauty of a shield," Beth said, smiling. "See, it can stop thoughts that you aren't actively broadcasting as well. So more private thoughts can be blocked from others very easily. I'll set a shadow on you if you want; that will keep people from even sensing you." As she finished speaking, the bell rang. All of the students stood, the teacher placing his chalk back on the tray and sitting down in his chair with a sigh.

"Say, would you like to grab lunch together?" she asked, blushing as she realized what she had asked. Never in her life had she been so open with someone, and a person she barely knew at that! Still, she couldn't deny that she enjoyed his company and decided to just go with it. Maybe Avril would be able to help her figure it all out later.