View Single Post
JediMercJeff
Jedi Mercenary... Returned from the "Wars"...

Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM

Allistar nodded faintly as he listened, frowning slightly.

"Ouch," he thought with a slight wince, "Doesn't sound all that pleasant. I'm sorry you had to deal with that." He paused in thought a moment. "Sounds like something you'd have to put up with a lot, I imagine... With reading people as easily as you seem to, and just... All the noise that's probably going on in peoples' minds." He grinned slightly. "I know what my mind sounds like to me at times... I can't imagine it multiplied out by the bunches of people you probably 'hear'." He grinned a little wider at her questions; no one had ever really asked him seriously about his 'work' before. Mom and Dad were typically parental about their interest, his shop teacher wasn't overly piqued (he could never keep up with Allistar, and had almost lost his teaching job when he had tried). The only ones who seemed to show the least bit of interest before now were... Well... Whoever arranged for him to be here at the Academy.

"Well... I'll say that I've never painted myself as the narcissistic drunk of Tony Stark, or the emo, brooding, semi-sociopath of Bruce Wayne. Buuuuut, their tech gear and inventions do lend some inspiration." Allistar settled back in his chair slightly. "I'm limited to what I have around me or at-hand. So I've been able to only really work on simpler stuff. Let's just say my crown piece has been taking your age-old slingshot, automating it, giving it an auto-reloading ability, and being able to remotely select my projectile size. Was how I was able to get any practice with my shield at all, outside of the bullying." He sighed quietly at that, shaking his head to ward off a little of the ill feeling at the reminiscence at how he was picked on. He didn't need that, and neither did she.

"But!" he continued more cheerfully, "I get a shop class at the end of the day here! I was told they'd be catering to me with no issues, so who knows... Maybe I will make an Iron Man suit. Tony Stark eat your heart out!" He chuckled, then listened to her once more. He nodded, glancing around.

"Yeah, I'm all for that kind of shield then. I don't know who here might have bad intentions with their powers or whatnot... I certainly can't expect the whole student population to be quite as kind and considerate as you have been." He smiled, then perked up an eyebrow. "A shadow, huh? That won't stress you or anything, will it? Like I said, I know when I use my shield a lot, it takes a lot out of me. Wouldn't want to be a strain on your abilities." He glanced at his notes as the bell rang; not as bad as he'd thought. He was worried he'd been woefully behind. Beth's help had been key; he'd have to do something kind in return at some point for all her kindness so far. He packed his belongings, keeping an 'ear' out for her 'voice' as he went up to the teacher's desk, thanking him for the class. He grinned inwardly at the teacher's pleasantly shocked expression, then wandered back over, having caught her question. He smiled and nodded, blushing himself at the forwardness... Or maybe it wasn't that. Maybe it was just the first time he'd been treated so... Kindly... By someone not related to him. She was quite wonderful for barely knowing him, like she couldn't really judge someone if she tried.

"I think that'd be great," he spoke out loud for the first time. His voice was soft, but confident. He could thank his Dad for that. "I don't know where the lunch room is, so... You might have to lead the way." He decided to just go with the happenings here. What could it hurt?