View Single Post
shatteredarchivist
Days without incident: 0

Old 09-09-2015, 05:39 PM

"I never said anything about the long run in regards to this. If I did, then it slipped my mind and I apologize. But... As much as I know this would pain you, I feel like I have to say it." Khadri paused for effect, licking his lips with the tip of his tongue, and collected his thoughts, almost bracing for some resistance or retribution. Kalia wouldn't though. "We can't save everyone, no matter how hard we try. Sometimes, to protect someone, someone else must be endangered or killed. We must pick and choose who we protect. I choose to protect those of our race who have nowhere to go due to their parentage. I choose to endanger and let an orc pack die to... get in a position to give aid to our people. I'm not going to try to convince you that it's the right thing to do... just... the best thing to do. You'll see." Khadri bit off the end of his statement before he could add 'I hope' to the end.

"All of my training came from Thayan books and lectures. Xenophobic..." Khadri searched his limited explicit vocabulary to find something that fit how he felt about his former slavers. He didn't find one. He especially couldn't find one that he would say in his stable condition. "Xenophobic asses, the lot of them. I have a purely academic knowledge of the workings of the universe. Now, I know Realmspace well enough, since I was born and raised there, but... I know nothing of shadowy dealings beyond what I learned walking home from school before I was sent to Thay. I just... trust my instinct. And I guess sometimes that instinct gets my ship loaded with a Sphere of Annihilation."