Thread: Don't Hang Up
View Single Post
PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-23-2017, 07:48 AM

His lips quirked up at Jayde's words, answeringn the mysterious man's almost smile with one of his own. But then Harlan noticed a tension about Jayde. It just didn't match what Jayde was saying, and it worried Harlan.

Harlan sat up and shifted to face Jayde. "Hey, Jayde?" The brunette waited a moment to get the other man's attention. "You seem way more tense then usual." His gaze flicked to the t.v screen. What was up with that? But after that thought Harlan dismissed it. He was more worried for Jayde then about some incident at a club that he'd never even heard about before.

"Look, I know there's no brining anything from our lives into this. I get that, but ...bear with me, I'm going to make things a bit personal when I ask this. Isn't there anything more then this I could do to help?" There was none of that peaceful quiet bliss he'd imagined he might feel waking beside Jayde might be like, only worry and fear. Fear of rejection most of all, and yet Harlan couldn't help but reach out to touch Jayde's shoulder. He wanted to pull the other man into a hug, hold him close until all the stress in his body slipped away ...

But there was no way Jayde would allow that.