View Single Post
primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Jan willed herself away from groaning in frustration. Why? Why was this happening? In her senior year, no less! A required class! She could tell that Zane was just as annoyed and frustrated as her. However, Jan was much better at controlling her emotions than he was.

"Listen here, princess. You do all the work and I won't give you shit. That's a fair trade, if you ask me." Jan blinked in surprise. She didn't know why, though. Its not like she expected him to hold her hand and tell her his deepest darkest secrets.

"N-No." She swallowed hard. Jan reached into her pastel pink canvas backpack and pulled out a fresh new spiral notebook. She opened to the first page and wrote down 'Romeo and Juliet' at the top in her nice, neat, cursive handwriting. Trying to act like she wasn't intimidated by Zane was proving to be a difficult task. Any other class, she'd be more than willing to do all of the work herself. However, with five other AP classes, colleges to start looking for, and attempting to attend pep rallies, dances, and sports games, it would only burden her further. There would be no way that Jan could do it all herself.

"Maybe you haven't read or seen Shakespearean pieces... That's ok." Work-mode had be activated. She wrote quickly as she spoke, not making sure that he was listening, but hoping so nonetheless. "My favorite pieces are Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Julius Caesar. They were some of his more popular plays." She looked up at him. "He also wrote a bunch of sonnets. Sonnets are like structured poems about love and romance." She looked back down at her paper. "I haven't read any of his sonnets, but I've heard they're good..."

As she came to the end of her writing, she examined the paper closely. It was basically each of her three favorite plays by Shakespeare and a short description of each.

"Have you seen any of these plays? I'm pretty sure they have movie versions. I like the book versions, myself." She ripped out the paper and wrote her name and number on the bottom. "Here. In case you need it." She turned the paper around to face him.