View Single Post
harakun
At Your Service

Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 AM

If they do end up staying with them, indeed. Yuuichi hummed in a thoughtful manner when he'd heard Edgar's reply. Their dogs were certainly well-trained and well-fed. No wonder they were healthy. Didn't they also have cats? Did he cook for them too? "Do you cook for your cats, too?" he asked, an obvious interest in his face as he took the pitcher of water after uttering a short and cheerful, "Okay!" when he got the okay about getting the pitcher of water for himself. Joining both his brother and Bran, he took the empty seat beside Matthew, and pulled up his own glass to pour himself a drink.

He'd just heard Bran's reply to Matthew's question in time, too.

And, that was no surprise there when he'd whistled at the man mentioning a Prius. Damn. These two were loaded, all right. "Sounds good," the male piped in and smiled, "Very useful, too, since you guys work around the area. I work at the hospital downtown." There was a hospital downtown and one that was a little further from the school. This being a prestigious institution that was well-known to take in bright kids and rich kids; they got in because they had the smarts. Both street-wise and intellectual-wise. "Miller General Hospital, to be specific. Yuu works in the Emergency Room so he can get crazy with his hours sometimes."

Hopefully, these two wouldn't mind Yuu crashing on the couch sometimes. Especially when he had to work late in the night. "And, that's amazing, Edgar." Matthew smiled brightly. "Red Robin's really known for their good food. Good to know I'll be able to taste the food cooked by a chef from there." He, on the other hand, worked at a small shop that regulars frequent because of his good coffee. After studying business, he hoped he could put up one; that, to him, would be his symbol of success.

"Matt's good with coffee. I'll bet you two could whip up the perfect breakfast." Chuckling softly, he took his glass of water to take a sip. When the brothers started talking about their schedules, he glanced at his brother who nodded his way, a silent sign for him to go ahead. "Mine's at ten. I've taken most of my majors, so I finish at three in the afternoon. After that, though, I'm open for a helping hand at the hospital so..." He grinned sheepishly. "I'm going to have to apologize if you see me sprawling about, asleep." Matthew only smiled at this and he helped himself with some of the soup and the casserole after the brothers got their share. Once he was sure his brother was done, he piped in with his own schedule. "Six to five, so I'll be hitching with both of you for the ride."

When his younger brother got a taste of the food, his features lit up. "This is really good!" He urged his older brother to take a taste, and Matthew only chuckled as he agreed. "For the financial matters... there'll be times we'll be late to pay. But, we'll pay in full. It's half the rent, right?"