View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-25-2013, 09:36 AM

The objective of this game is to use each round to travel around the map in order to find hidden presents. To do so you will need to fill out a form for each round in order to indicate which direction you are intending to travel and how you are planning on overcoming the daily obstacle.

Each of the three options for overcoming these challenges will have different results in how successful you were in overcoming said challenge that round. This ranges from not moving at all to moving two squares in one round. This equates to having a 1-in-3 chance of receiving an item each time you play.

The map will remain the same each day as will the presents which correspond to each location on the map. Because of this your presents will be unwrapped once all of the rounds have been completed.

Please note:
  • One account only: mule* or main. NOT BOTH.
  • Trades with unwrapped prizes will be sent after the last round ends
  • Accept trades within 1 month or prizes will be forfeit and donated to active charities
  • Rounds will end/begin at 12 Midnight Mene time (PST)** as presented on the forum timestamps.
  • Use the form! I will NOT accept any imitations!
* Approved charity mules are welcome to get items for their charities.
** The first round will end on 11:59 Mene time Dec 24th in order to give everyone a full first day to post!

STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS:
  1. Check out the map and your current location
  2. Decide how to overcome the daily challenge by choosing A, B or C
  3. Decide which direction you're going to head in this round by choosing North, East, South or West
  4. Copy and Paste the form and fill in your choices
  5. Check out your results
  6. Repeat the next round!

Q: Are there spaces with no presents?
A: Nope! Each space on the map has a gift box associated with it with the exception of F6 (the origin point with the crossed candy canes!) Which has NOTHING. Please try to avoid landing in this square. However there is a chance that you will not overcome the daily obstacle and will therefore will not get a prize for that round.

Q: What if I don't win anything because I'm just hugely unlucky during the event?!
A: Don't worry! I will be keeping track to see how everyone fares throughout the event and if I feel you were exceptionally unlucky you will get some kind of consolation prize.

Q: Do I get two of something if I land on a square twice?
A: No. You've already gotten your gift from that space so it doesn't pay to back track!

Q: What do I do when I get to the edge of the map? Do I carry on to the other side like in Asteroids?
A: No, you will be stopped at the end square and will need to turn. Effectively you would be running into a fence so keep inside the playing field or, uh, bears will get you! BEARS!

Q: How many times can I move each round?
A: Once. You can move once. If you accidentally post the same form twice I will only count the first one.

Q: Can I go Northeast? Or Due Southwesternish(but-more-South-than-west)??
A: Yeah, sure, but not in a single round. Please select either North, East, South, or West not a combination of any two.

Q: When do I get to find out what I've collected?
A: At the tail end of the event or just afterwards depending on the size of everyone's hauls there will be an 'unwrapping' thread.

Q: Am I allowed to play/continue playing if I missed a day?
A: Of course! In the event that you miss a day (or even several) it will be as if you haven't moved from the spot you previously occupied.

Last edited by Mythos; 12-26-2013 at 07:16 AM..