View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-28-2015, 09:15 PM

Her comment came as a shock to him. He honestly did not expect the woman to allow such actions, especially ones considered illegal. Did she see something more in the boy?

His eyes shifted back to the boy. What mysteries did those dead eyes hold? Did he know something about the ones they sought? Odds were, he could. Children were often overlooked, especially those on the verge of death. If the ones they sought did come here, the boy might have been drawn to them. As death already nips at his nose, he would see no reason not to eavesdrop or listen in on shady deals. He would likely do all he could to help his mother out. She was piss-pour. Her son was likely bred (yes, bred) to work as a slaver. To more or less put food on the table.

She hit the jackpot, he chided internally.

"How fast could you get a heart?" His eyes jumped from the boy and past Issa to land on Nathan. Androw found Nathan's concern disarming. Was she usually not so quick to go against the code? Nathan's single word really made him wonder what Issa saw in this boy, or perhaps his family.

Gliding his orbs back to Issa, he followed the woman to the grandfather's home.

As expected, the man was elderly. His heart, like Issa suspected, would hardly be enough to save the boy's life. And to do a transplant and a transfusion to then cut him open 6-hours later... it was risky.

"I have the medical supplies I need on-board. The black duffle bag and the black briefcase are my medical tools." He looked to Nathan, hoping he would get the cue to fetch the items. Only, before he let Nathan run off, assuming he would, he spoke again.

"And I'll need a sterile environment. Metal table would be best. Could use a cot or mattress but contamination is more likely. Metal is easier to clean; no burning necessary." His eyes jumped on the woman. "I'll need bleach. A lot of it. Don't have it, I'll take alcohol instead. I need something to keep toxins out of his system. Also-"

Androw bent at the hips. His right hand burrowed into his boot. There, in a small, hidden zipper, he pulled forth a slender, cylindrical tube. No, not tube. Syringe?

Like lightning, the tube moved to his lips. Seconds later, his teeth nipped at the tip and broke it lose. Then, before anyone could question his ethics, he spun around on his toes to plunge the cyan-colored contents into the neck of the child.

"Have about an hour to prep him. Would be faster if I had help, but no one here has proper training so I'll have to work alone. For now. When it's time to operate, I'll need whoever has the strongest constitution. Whoever is the weakest gets to entertain the mother. The other will fill a service role, passing items exactly as requested and in proper orientation. No medical expertise needed. Just need eyes and the ability to read up from down. Common sense would be nice."

As the boy collapsed, Androw caught him. As the kid hardly weighed anything, Androw had no issue hoisting him onto a bed while he awaited his operating location.

"If no room is suitable on planet, recommend med-bay on ship. Looks clean. Lighting is excellent too."

As he barked out commands, he watched as hope filled the mother's eyes. "No guarantee this will work." He jumped over to Issa. "If the heart can get here in 4-hours, I can make it work. Six is pushing it." His gaze now fell on the grandfather.

"Are you certain you want to do this?"

He nodded but then pointed to the needle that still clung to the boy's neck.

"Ah, yes. Cyroilizer. Top notch sedative that preserves the boy perfectly. It freezes the insides and prevents decay. Lasts about an hour."

"Why not give him more to buy you the extra two hours?" The mother seemed frustrated as she spoke.

"If he, Bryan, received a 0.5 mL more, it will kill him. When I operate, I will flip to a less lethal sedative. One that will merely keep him asleep, instead of completely freezing him. Cryogenics is risky. I'm the leading expert on it so trust me when I say I know what I'm doing."

As her eyes widened that this new information, the woman's temper faded. "My apologizes. I trust your decisions. You've already done more than I could have asked for." Her hand fell into the boy's hair before eyeing the needle, again.

Not wanting to tempt fate, Androw retrieved his needle. Snapping the tip off, only the tube of vibrant cyan liquid remained. "Will need to apply the new needle and cap when this is done," he reminded himself.