View Single Post
Apicula
Mountain Dweller

Old 06-29-2016, 05:18 AM

My parents are visiting and today was one of my days off so we spent the morning off roading and taking a five mile hike from a meadow to a waterfall. It was a nice change of pace from some recent Drama. Definitely got sunburned, but it was made worth it from some of the cool photos I managed to snap.

Then my first swing dancing class happened.

I kind of lowkey had no idea what I was doing since I've never taught a class before, I had no idea if anyone was even going to show up, the tech guy never showed up to help us set up so we had to track him down, but we just kind of went for it.

Well we had 60+ people show up with an even amount of leads and follows (which never happens!) and the person who was teaching with me and I had natural teamwork chemistry. That and everyone was having such a great time I couldn't help but smile.

Once we shifted more into social dancing the guy who was my first student and I started dancing together. We both couldn't shut up about the fact that this started out with just the two of us and how everything about tonight was perfect. It was so cheesy, but so true. Also on Sunday I made another treat tray for one of the departments and it had two dozen oatmeal raisin cookies on it and he told me he ate eight of them. He ate eight. What the heck. He told me it wasn't his fault because I knew they were his weakness and I told him that since I care about him so much I'm going to help him by not making him oatmeal raisin cookies every again.

He actually fell to his knees and begged me to reconsider just from the suggestion.

Nerd.